Former PhD student at Center for Information and Language Processing (CIS), LMU Munich
PhD advisor: Hinrich Schütze
Now: Postdoctoral researcher at Institute for Natural Language Processing (IMS), University of Stuttgart
Please visit my new website.
- Deep Learning (esp. Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks)
- Multitask Learning and Transfer Learning
- Relation Extraction
- Knowledge Base Population
- Word Embeddings
Teaching experience at LMU
Summer term 2017
- Co-supervision of Master Thesis (topic: "Character-based Relation Classification for Slot Filling")
Winter term 2016/17
- Co-supervision of Bachelor Thesis (topic: "Exploring Strategies for Multiclass Classification in the Context of a Slot Filling System")
Summer term 2016
- Co-supervision of Bachelor Thesis (topic: "Exploring Strategies to Combine the Results of Different Classifiers")
Winter term 2015/16
- Co-supervision of Master Thesis (topic: "Deep Learning Methods for the Extraction of Relations in Natural Language Text")
Summer term 2015
- Exercises for "Applications of Computational Linguistics"
- Co-supervision of Bachelor Thesis (topic: "Slot Filling based on Open Relation Extraction")
- Co-supervision of Bachelor Thesis (topic: "Exploration of Linguistic Features for Relation Classification")
Winter term 2014/15
- Exercises for "Introduction to Computational Linguistics"
Summer term 2014
- Exercises for "Information Retrieval"
- H. Adel, L. Bostan, S. Papay, S. Padó and R. Klinger, "DeRE: A Task and Domain-Independent Slot Filling Framework for Declarative Relation Extraction", in EMNLP System Demonstrations 2018.
- H. Adel, "Deep Learning Methods for Knowledge Base Population", PhD thesis at LMU Munich. pdf
- Y. Yaghoobzadeh, H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Corpus-Level Fine-Grained Entity Typing", in JAIR, vol. 61, pp. 835-862. pdf
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Impact of Coreference Resolution on Slot Filling", arXiv abs:1710.09753. preprint
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Global Normalization of Convolutional Neural Networks for Joint Entity and Relation Classification", in EMNLP 2017. pdf preprint resources
- H. Adel, E. Asgari and H. Schütze, "Overview of Character-Based Models for Natural Language Processing", in CICLing 2017, LNCS, Springer.
- H. Schütze, H. Adel and E. Asgari, "Nonsymbolic Text Representation", arXiv abs:1610.00479. preprint
- H. Adel, F. Chen and Y. Chen, "Ranking Convolutional Recurrent Neural Networks for Purchase Stage Identification on Imbalanced Twitter Data", in EACL 2017. pdf
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Exploring Different Dimensions of Attention for Uncertainty Detection", in EACL 2017. pdf preprint resources
- Y. Yaghoobzadeh*, H. Adel* and H. Schütze, "Noise Mitigation for Neural Entity Typing and Relation Extraction", in EACL 2017. pdf preprint
- H. Adel, B. Roth and H. Schütze, "Comparing Convolutional Neural Networks to Traditional Models for Slot Filling", in NAACL 2016. pdf preprint resources
- N.T. Vu, H. Adel, P. Gupta and H. Schütze, "Combining Recurrent and Convolutional Neural Networks for Relation Classification", in NAACL 2016. pdf preprint
- N.T. Vu, P. Gupta, H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Bi-directional Recurrent Neural Network with Ranking Loss for Spoken Language Understanding", in ICASSP 2016. pdf
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "CIS at TAC Cold Start 2015: Neural Networks and Coreference Resolution for Slot Filling", in TAC 2015. pdf
- H. Adel, N.T. Vu, K. Kirchhoff, D. Telaar and T. Schultz, "Syntactic and Semantic Features for Code-Switching Factored Language Models", in TASL 2015, volume 23. pdf preprint
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "TAC KBP 2014 Slot Filling Shared Task: Baseline System for Investigating Coreference", in TAC 2014. pdf
- H. Adel and H. Schütze, "Using Mined Coreference Chains as a Resource for a Semantic Task", in EMNLP 2014. pdf poster resources
- H. Adel, D. Telaar, N.T. Vu, K. Kirchhoff and T. Schultz, "Combining Recurrent Neural Networks and Factored Language Models During Decoding of Code-Switching Speech", in Interspeech 2014. pdf
- H. Adel, K. Kirchhoff, N.T. Vu, D. Telaar and T. Schultz, "Comparing Approaches to Convert Recurrent Neural Networks into Backoff Language Models for Efficient Decoding", in Interspeech 2014. pdf
- H. Adel, K. Kirchhoff, D. Telaar, N.T. Vu, T. Schlippe and T. Schultz, "Features for Factored Language Models for Code-Switching Speech", in SLTU 2014. pdf
- H. Adel, N.T. Vu and T. Schultz, "Combination of Recurrent Neural Networks and Factored Language Models for Code-Switching Language Modeling", in ACL 2013. pdf
- N.T. Vu, H. Adel and T. Schultz, "An Investigation of Code-Switching Attitude Dependent Language Modeling", in SLSP 2013. pdf
- H. Adel, N.T. Vu, F. Kraus, T. Schlippe, H. Li and T. Schultz, "Recurrent Neural Network Language Modeling for Code-Switching Conversational Speech", in ICASSP 2013. pdf
- H. Adel, K. Kilgour, S. Stüker, A. Waibel, "Automatische Zeichensetzung in Spracherkennungssystemen: Entscheidungsbaum und Sprachmodell im Vergleich" ("Automatic Punctuation in Speech Recognition Systems: Comparing Decision Trees and Language Models"), in ESSV 2012. pdf
I am a recipient of the Google European Doctoral Fellowship in Natural Language Processing.